Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pecan Pie and Pickles

Our county fair is this weekend.  I have made pecan pie and pickles.  What a challenge this has been.  I have never made pickles.  Guess what? They were the easy project.
 I've made several pecan pies over the years.  I've never made my own pie crust.  Yikes.  I started out making a pie a week for my husband, and son.  So I could get the hang of the crust.  Yep never happened.  I can't make pie crust!!!  I finally just decided I wasn't going to take the pie.  After several deep breathes, and needing a shot of my secret ingredient. I managed to put two together.  If I was picture taker you would be seeing a picture of my pies right now.  I'm sure going to take some time this winter to learn the art of making pie crust.  I'll let you all know how the fair entries turn out. 

This is what I'm needing now.

It sure makes pecan pie tasty!!

1 comment:

  1. I think we need your pecan pie recipe! You come over and make it and I will take photos! :) I have something I need you to help me with, and it isn't a pumpkin pie! :)

    ReplyDelete